MapSherpa.com is owned and operated by DM Solutions Group Inc. The company is committed to openness and transparency of its policies and service offerings, and to safeguarding the privacy of all visitors to MapSherpa.com.
This page summarizes the privacy policies and practices of MapSherpa.com with respect to this web site.
- MapSherpa.com does not automatically gather any information from you. Information is only obtained if you supply it to us.
MapSherpa.com uses software that receives and records the Internet protocol IP addresses of MapSherpa.com users. MapSherpa.com will not link these addresses with the identity of the individuals visiting its site except in cases of abuse of its site.
- MapSherpa operates an Affiliate marketing program. In providing our services, we enable Affiliates to create links between their own websites and MapSherpa in order to redirect visitors. Our technology automatically records the IP (Internet Protocol) “address” of the browser used by the redirected visitor. That address simply identifies the browser used, and does not permit identification of the individual using the browser. In addition, during such redirection, we may place a “cookie” on the hard drive of the visitor’s computer through his or her browser. Cookies are used to enhance the Internet user’s experience on the Web. They are also alphanumeric identifiers that enable our systems to recognize the visitor’s browser and to determine whether and when a “cookied” Internet browser is used to return to MapSherpa after a prior visit. Cookies do not permit us to determine the identity of any user of that browser or gather any other personally identifiable information about the user.
- If you do not want the benefits of cookies, the help portion of the toolbar on most browsers will tell you how to prevent your browser from accepting new cookies, how to have the browser notify you when you receive a new cookie, or how to disable cookies altogether.
- In order to provide reports to Partners in our Affiliate program we collect basic data about the kinds and volumes of internet user activities that occur as a result of the links they use.
- Visitor Information is treated by MapSherpa.com as confidential information. Visitor Information will not be disclosed to anyone without consent except as required by law, or in accordance with this privacy statement or as permitted pursuant to the Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act, 2000, c.5 (”PIPEDA”).
- MapSherpa.com will not sell the visitor information provided to it except in connection with the sale, merger or transfer of MapSherpa.com’s business or in connection with a sale of its shares. We will not give or sell the confidential information to any third party marketer.
- Upon the request of any visitor who has provided information to MapSherpa.com and upon provision or identification satisfactory to MapSherpa.com identifying the requester as the person who supplied the information, MapSherpa.com will supply a copy of the information on its files about that person to that person for verification and correction provided that the supply of such information does not and will not affect or reveal any information which is confidential to any other party and provided that the supply by MapSherpa.com of such information will not affect confidentiality with respect to any matter that MapSherpa.com is entitled to or required to maintain as confidential pursuant to the PIPEDA.
- MapSherpa.com reserves the right to modify its privacy policies from time to time. The posted policies will be the ones in force.